I rarely make cards without a purpose these days, but this was one. However, in making, it evolved into a card for Ali, a v dear friend who seems to have dropped off the radar recently – and I’ve been so wrapped up in my own stuff I haven’t noticed. Ali is the kind of friend you don’t let get away…
It was inspired by Jennifer Ellefson’s card – please note, I say inspired by not CASEd for once !! Hers is very sweet, mine is …bright ! Look, ORANGE !!! Remember, the one inkpad I don’t own – well didn’t. I saw one going cheap recently and it was one of those “o-kayyyy…” moments. But it’s all good …I think… !!!
* DP is K&C (that’s all I know..)
* Cupcake image is Papermania – actually I think it’s one of the freebie images on the latest issue of the Docrafts magazine ‘Creativity’
* Love Mugs by Amuse ( but I can’t find it on their site so I think it’s gone !)
* ORANGE sofa and sentiment is On My Couch Additions by Papertrey Ink
* ribbon was a freebie from a magazine from when I bought card magazines….
You won’t be able to see in the photo, but there is quite a bit of subtle shimmer on the card. I Stickled the cupcake’s icing with Distress Dried Marigold Stickles and each of the circles is spritzed with a mix of Glimmer mists. I edged the circles with Wild Honey (yumm!!) , then Tea Dye (both Distress).
All in all, I think I like it.
And, Ali, there’s only one cupcake. Mine.
Edited: Oooh ! I just realised that this card qualifies for the new A Passion For Papertrey challenge : Invites. Yay !!